Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Beginning


Hello! So I always wonder how these blogs get started, and I guess I'm about to find out!

A little about me:

I have been struggling with Eating Disorder behaviors for the last year and a half. I was in a very dark place, and a lot was changing around me in my life. I spiralled further and further down. However, a few months ago I was feeling good. I thought I was finally getting a hold on things and was coming out the other side. Then, (as many of you who've had similar struggles know) an event occurred that sent me spiralling into a relapse. I've spent the last 3 months trying to fight going back into the deep pit I found myself in last year, but I feel like I've barely been staying afloat.

I've always wanted to have a toned body with defined Abs (Hey, who among us doesn't want that!). My New Year's resolution was to get my dream body (both in appearance and in how I feel about myself) without any of my Eating Disorder habits. I haven't been as successful as I've hoped so far, but there is still a lot of 2012 left!

Conventional Therapy has not been very effective for me thus far, so, I decided to try something unconventional . . . Hence, this Blog was born!

My plan is to take you on a 3 month journey with me to start out. I'm going to be doing the RevAbs workout program and documenting all my meals, body weight and measurements, workouts, progress pics, as well as emotions along the way. My idea is that since a lot about having an Eating Disorder is keeping what you are doing secret, by bringing what I'm doing out into the light, I'll be able to see things more clearly, and gain more ground on my recovery

As I stated in my profile description, I started this blog more for my benefit than anyone else's, but I'd love to hear what kind of journeys you are on as well. Everyone takes a different path. All we can do is the best we can, and help each other along the way.

Thanks for reading, and HAPPY JOURNEY!

No comments:

Post a Comment